Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Papertrey Ink's 11th Anniversary Sketch Challenge

Yay!  It's Anniversary time at Papertrey Ink!  They are celebrating 11 wonderful years of creativity!  Happy Anniversary Papertrey Ink Family!



In honor of the celebration I am playing along in their lovely sketch challenge.   It was super hard to choose what sketch to work with!  I really want to try them all so it is nice that they have a printable of all of the sketches to reference when I have more time.

I wanted to make a cheerful floral "thinking of you" card for a family member and was inspired by Dawn, Lizzie and Melissa's cards and sketches which all contain beautiful floral clusters!  My new Flea Market Florals set was ready and waiting for use in my "new stamps" stack!

  Here are the 3 sketches I drew inspiration from:




It is kind of hard to see in the photo below but I also loved how Melissa added stitching into the holes of the mix and mat die she used and I wanted to try that as I recently purchased this die.  I also loved how the background mat was partially inked:


I tried several color combinations of florals and background colors before I settled on inking my mix and mat die with aqua mist ink.  I wanted it to look like a sky in the background of the Flea Market Florals and provide contrast to my pink flowers and green leaves.  I used a pink pearl embroidery floss to add the stitching in the holes of the mix and mat die. My sentiment is from "Delightful Dahlia Additions".  I also liked the way Melissa reduced her card size so that the Mix and Mat die peeked off the edges of the card.  I reduced my card to:  3 3/4" x 5 1/4". 

Thanks for taking a look at my card!  I cannot wait to see what everyone is creating!
Crafty Hugs!
Jill

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jill, I've missed your posts, so nice to see you back! These are both lovely cards. You've layered the blooms perfectly and I like the little touches of sparkle you added!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Perfect use of the mix and mat frame!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill