Thursday, February 15, 2018

Papertrey Ink 11th Anniversary Challenges: Use Only Dies - No Stamps!

Hello Friends,
Here with another challenge card in celebration of Papertrey Ink's 11th Anniversary


I needed a birthday card for my sister and wanted to create one with an ocean theme.
I used the text blog horizontal birthday die designed by Lizzie Jones for my focal panel. (I love this die!)  I started with a white card base and inked some sand at the bottom using Kraft ink.  I then added some Hawaiian Shores ink to create the water.  I added some die cut fronds using a die I had in my stash on top of the inked area then covered with a layer of vellum.  To finish the card I stacked 3 die cut seahorses together for an embellishment.  A sweet turquoise gem for the eye adds a nice detail.

I like how the fronds show through the vellum.  I was inspired by several of the wonderful designs shown this week during the countdown including the color combo by Stephanie Gold.


Thanks for taking a look at my card!
Jill

4 comments:

  1. Love that you worked your signature gingham onto this lovely card for your sister! She's going to love this Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE all of the layers and the FAB beachy colors! That shiny seahorse is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Jill! Love the underwater scene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is so cute and so clever, Jill! I love how that touch of underwater scene shows through the vellum layer, and that seahorse is adorable. Really love the gemstone eye for a little bit of sparkle!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill